The Don Bosco College Kohima Library came into existence along with the establishment of College on 1st July, 2015. The Library is an automated library using Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) software called eBLIS.
It has a collection of 7,445 books and subscribed to 15 peer-review journals. Yearly new books are added in the library. It has separate general reference section providing the documents i.e., General Encyclopaedias, Dictionaries, Atlases, General Knowledge Books, Handbooks, National and State Newspapers, Monthly and Weekly Magazines, Employment News, etc. It is also Keeping CDs, DVDs, Thesis and some rare documents. The books are arranged according to DDC classification number.
Library Services and Facilities:
- 1. The Library has a reading room with 40 users seating capacity (It’s going to expand).
- It has separate general reference section, subject reference section, North-East books section and reprographic section.
- The Library follows open access system by which a reader can select his/her desired book(s) directly from the stack.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is available for checking the availability of a book.
- There are eight computers in the library to accessing OPAC, E-resources and other educational related assignments.
|Monday to Friday||8:30 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|2nd Saturday||Library Closed.|
|4th Saturday||General Holiday|
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATION
- Identity card is compulsory for getting to the library.
- All the users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- All bags, cases, folders, etc. must be kept in the property counter.
- Users must enter in the entry register to accessing the library.
- Used of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- The library staffs have the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
- No books or periodicals from outside will be allowed inside the library or reading room.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
Book Issuing System:
- Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Users are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage of mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- The length of time that books may be borrowed :
i. Students may borrow two books at a time for a period of one week, renewable two times,
ii. A member of the teaching staff may borrow up to six books at a time for a period of two weeks, renewable four times,iii. A member of the non-teaching staff may borrow two books at a time for a period of two weeks, renewable two times.
- The due date of the book will be extended to the same member if there are no other applicants for it. A book may be reissued to the same member if there are no other applicants for it.
- Books borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped, if returned late overdue fine will be charged for the delayed period.
- Overdue charges or fines :
For Students a fine of Rs. 1 per day will be charged of delay.For Teaching Staff members a fine of Rs. 2 per day will be charged of delay.
For Non-Teaching Staff members a fine of Rs. 2 per day will be charged of delay.
- Book not to be issued :Reference books (Encyclopaedia, Dictionaries, Yearbooks, Multivolume books, etc.), Newspapers, Journals and Magazines are not to be issued. It can only be used within the library.
- Book lost :If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay the cost of the book with late fine.
- Care of library books :Marking, underlining, writing, tampering and tearing away the pages of books are punishable with fine or replacement of the book or both.
- Loss of cards :Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian. Duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine.
- Validity of cards :Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities. At the end of the course borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
- No due certificate :Each student shall obtain No due certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
[su_spoiler title=”Institutional repositories” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
|Sl. No.||Institutional Repository||Origin||Description||URL|
|1||Inflibnet||India||Here you can find articles published in all conventional proceedings of INFLIBNET Centre, More over you can also look for various training material,press clippings,
news letters etc
|2||NISCAIR||India||You can now access full text articles from research journals published by CSIR-NISCAIR! Full text facility is provided
for all nineteen research journals viz. ALIS, AIR, BVAAP, IJBB, IJBT, IJCA, IJCB, IJCT, IJEB, IJEMS, IJFTR, IJMS, IJNPR, IJPAP, IJRSP, IJTK, JIPR, JSIR & JST. NOPR also hosts three Popular Science Magazines viz. Science Reporter (SR), Vigyan Pragati (VP) & Science Ki Duniya (SKD) and a Natural Products Repository (NPARR).
|3||eGyanKosh||India||A National Digital Repository in India which store, index, preserve, distribute and share the digital learning resources developed by the Open and Distance Learning Institutions in the country.||VIEW|
|4||NIT, Rourkela||India||An open access repository containing resources pertaining to Odia literature and culture, OAOB provides free access to researchers, scholars, historians, librarians, and the general public at all point in time.||VIEW|
[su_spoiler title=”Open Access Sites E-Books” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
|SL. NO.||OPEN ACCESS SITES||SUBJECT COVERAGE||URL|
|1||National Digital Library of India||It provides all academic levels including researchers and life-long learners, all disciplines, all popular forms of access devices and differently-abled learners.||VIEW|
|2||Swayam Prabha||Free DTH Channel for Education.||VIEW|
|3||e-PG Pathashala||A Gateway to all Post Graduate Courses||VIEW|
|4||Project Gutenberg||Educations, Fictions, Fine Arts, Geography, History, Language and Literature, Law, Psychology and Philosophy, Religion, Science, Social Science and more.||VIEW|
|5||Authorama||Literature, Fictional Book Collection||VIEW|
|6||GuruKPO||Collections of all subjects disciplines from 10th standard Level to Post Graduate Level.||VIEW|
|7||FreeBookNotes||Original and largest literature study guide, collections of free book notes, study guides, book summaries, chapter summaries, and analyses available for thousands of books, plays, and poems.||VIEW|
|8||Internet Archive||Collecting and archiving of all fields in form of e-book, video, audio, website, image, software.||VIEW|
|9||Literary Theory and Criticism||Open access collection of scholarly articles, lectures, ebooks and eZines in Literary Theory and Criticism.||VIEW|
|10||Cambridge University Press||Politics, History, Law, Religion, Economics, Literature, Life Science, Sociology, Management, Environmental Science, Archaeology and more.||VIEW|
|11||ReadPrint||Collections of Essays, Fiction, Non-Fiction, Plays, Poetry, Short Stories.||VIEW|
|12||SpringerLink||Computer Science; Social Science; Education; Economics; Engineering and more.||VIEW|
|13||HathiTrust||Millions of mixed titles digitized from libraries around the world.||VIEW|
|14||Rare Book Room||Art, Botany, Cartography, Chemistry, History, Law, Linguistics, Litearture, Mathathemetics, Mechanics, Medicine, Music and more||VIEW|
|15||Jstor||Area Studies, Arts, Business and Economics, History, Humanities, Law, Medicines and Allied Health, Science and Mathematics, Social Science||VIEW|
|16||IGNOU||Study materials for Master Degree, Bechlor Degree, Post Graduate Diploma & Certificate, IGNOU Diploma and Certificate in all subject fields.||VIEW|
|17||Open Book Publishers||Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Politics, Sociology, Education, History, Environment Studies, Law, Literature, Language and culture, Mathematics, Media studies and Journalism, Philosophy, Sciences, Women and Gender Studies.||VIEW|
|18||Directory of open access books||43,980 academic peer-reviewed books from 659 publishers in all displines||VIEW|
|19||FreeBookCentre.net||Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Literature and Fiction, Law, Business and Finace, Medicine and more.||VIEW|
|20||Open Textbook Library||Business, Computer Science, Education, Engineering, Humanitoies, Journalism, Media Studies and Communication, Law, Mathematics, edicine, Natural Sciences, Social Science.||VIEW|
|21||Openstax||Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences, Humanities, Business.||VIEW|
|22||Wikibooks||Computing, Engineering, Humanities, Language, Mathamatics, Miscellaneous, Science and Social Sciences.||VIEW|
|23||UCL Press||Anthropology, Archaeology, Economics, Education, Geography, History, Law, Liguistics, Literary Studies, Media Studies, Politiocal Science, Science, Sociology, Sustainability and Development Studies, Urban Studies.||VIEW|
|24||Open Culture||Collection includes great works of fiction, non-fiction and poetry, including works by Asimov, Jane Austen, Philip K. Dick, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Neil Gaiman, Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Shakespeare, Ernest Hemingway, Virginia Woolf & James Joyce.||VIEW|
|25||Social Science Cyber Library||Brings together all open access e-resources in form of e-books, e-journals, video lectures, subject gateways, databases, useful websites etc. in the field of Social Sciences at one place.||VIEW|
|26||PDF Drive||Environment, Science & Technology, Fiction, Children & Youth, Health & Fitness, Biography, Politics & Law and more.||VIEW|
[su_spoiler title=”Open Access Sites E-Journals” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
|OPEN ACCESS E-JOURNALS|
|SL. NO.||OPEN ACCESS SITES||SUBJECT COVERAGE||URL|
|1||Directory of open access Journals
|More than 15,145 Journals from various disciplines||VIEW|
|2||Jstor||Arts, Business & Economics, History, Humanities, Law, Medicine & Allied Health, Science & Mathematics, Social Science.||VIEW|
|3||Sage Open||Business & Management, Communication, Criminology & Criminal Justice, Economics, Education, Humanities, Information Science, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology,||VIEW|
|4||Springer OAJ||Geography, Business, Management & Law, Engineering, Chemistry, Social Sciences, Humanities, Life Sciences,
Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, etc.
|5||Open Access Library||Social Sciences, Humanities, Science & Technology, Engineering, Management, etc.||VIEW|
|6||Taylor and Francis||Economics, Business & Industry, Finance, Physical Science, Earth Science, Environment & Sustainability, Computer Science, Bioscience, Medicine, Engineering.||VIEW|
|7||BMJ Open||Communication, Medical Science, Health Economics, Mental health, Sociology, etc.||VIEW|
|8||Paperity||Applied Sciences, Health Sciences, Humanities, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences||VIEW|
|9||BioMed Central-BMC||Biomedicine, Computer Sc, Education, Engineering, Life Sciences, Maths, Social Science, Chemistry, Criminology, Earth Sciences, Materials Science, Psychology, and more.||VIEW|
|10||COGENT OA||Arts & Humanities, Biology, Business Management, Economic & Finance, Education, Engineering, Environmental Science, Food & Agrculture, Maths & Statistics, Social Sciences, Physics, and more.||VIEW|
|11||ELSEVIER Science Direct||Physical Sciences and Engineering, Life Science, health Sciences, Social Science and Humanities||VIEW|
|12||Indian Society for Education
and Environment (isee)
|Science and Technology, Economics and Development, NanoScience,Drugs & Disease, Medicine & Healthcare, Bioinformatics & Biotechnology, Information & Management, Energy, Innovative & Development, Oncology and Radiation Biology, Automation & Artificial Intelligence||VIEW|
|13||Knowledge Unlatched (KU)||Anthropology, Communication, Literature, History, Linguistics, Politics, Sociology.||VIEW|
|14||SSRN||Applied Sciences, Health Sciences, Humanities, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences||VIEW|
|15||Sabinet||Arts, Anthropology, Economics, Education, Engineering, History, Law, Humanities, Literature, Linguistics, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, and more.||VIEW|
|16||Hindawi Publishing||Biological Sciences, Medicine, Case Reports, Physical Sciences, Social Sciences and Education, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science.||VIEW|
|17||Oxford Academic||Arts and Humanities, Law, Medicine & Health Science
& Mathematics, Social Science
[su_spoiler title=”Subscribed E-Journals” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
|Sl. No.||Journal Name List||Url|
|1||Higher education for the future||VIEW|
|2||Journal of education for sustainable development|
|3||Indian historical review|
|4||Studies in history|
|5||Indian economic and social history review|
|7||Indian journal of public administration|
|10||Contributions to Indian Sociology|
|11||Society and culture in south Asia|