The Don Bosco College Kohima Library came into existence along with the establishment of College on 1st July, 2015. The Library is an automated library using Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) software called eBLIS.
It has a collection of 7,445 books and subscribed to 15 peer-review journals. Yearly new books are added in the library. It has separate general reference section providing the documents i.e., General Encyclopaedias, Dictionaries, Atlases, General Knowledge Books, Handbooks, National and State Newspapers, Monthly and Weekly Magazines, Employment News, etc. It is also Keeping CDs, DVDs, Thesis and some rare documents. The books are arranged according to DDC classification number.
Library Services and Facilities:
- 1. The Library has a reading room with 40 users seating capacity (It’s going to expand).
- It has separate general reference section, subject reference section, North-East books section and reprographic section.
- The Library follows open access system by which a reader can select his/her desired book(s) directly from the stack.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is available for checking the availability of a book.
- There are eight computers in the library to accessing OPAC, E-resources and other educational related assignments.
|Monday to Friday||8:30 AM to 3:30 PM|
|Saturday||8:30 AM to 12:30 PM|
|2nd Saturday||Library Closed.|
|4th Saturday||General Holiday|
LIBRARY RULES AND REGULATION
- Identity card is compulsory for getting to the library.
- All the users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- All bags, cases, folders, etc. must be kept in the property counter.
- Users must enter in the entry register to accessing the library.
- Used of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- The library staffs have the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
- No books or periodicals from outside will be allowed inside the library or reading room.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
Book Issuing System:
- Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Users are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage of mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- The length of time that books may be borrowed :
i. Students may borrow two books at a time for a period of one week, renewable two times,
ii. A member of the teaching staff may borrow up to six books at a time for a period of two weeks, renewable four times,iii. A member of the non-teaching staff may borrow two books at a time for a period of two weeks, renewable two times.
- The due date of the book will be extended to the same member if there are no other applicants for it. A book may be reissued to the same member if there are no other applicants for it.
- Books borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped, if returned late overdue fine will be charged for the delayed period.
- Overdue charges or fines :
For Students a fine of Rs. 1 per day will be charged of delay.For Teaching Staff members a fine of Rs. 2 per day will be charged of delay.
For Non-Teaching Staff members a fine of Rs. 2 per day will be charged of delay.
- Book not to be issued :Reference books (Encyclopaedia, Dictionaries, Yearbooks, Multivolume books, etc.), Newspapers, Journals and Magazines are not to be issued. It can only be used within the library.
- Book lost :If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay the cost of the book with late fine.
- Care of library books :Marking, underlining, writing, tampering and tearing away the pages of books are punishable with fine or replacement of the book or both.
- Loss of cards :Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian. Duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine.
- Validity of cards :Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities. At the end of the course borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
- No due certificate :Each student shall obtain No due certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.