- Identity card is compulsory for getting to the library.
- All the users must observe total silence in the library and its environs at all times.
- All bags, cases, folders, etc. must be kept in the property counter.
- Users must enter in the entry register to accessing the library.
- Used of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises.
- The library staffs have the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
- No books or periodicals from outside will be allowed inside the library or reading room.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
Book Issuing System:
- Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Users are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage of mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- The length of time that books may be borrowed :
- Students may borrow two books at a time for a period of one week, renewable two times,
- A member of the teaching staff may borrow up to six books at a time for a period of two weeks, renewable four times,
- A member of the non-teaching staff may borrow two books at a time for a period of two weeks, renewable two times.
- The due date of the book will be extended to the same member if there are no other applicants for it. A book may be reissued to the same member if there are no other applicants for it.
- Books borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped, if returned late overdue fine will be charged for the delayed period.
- Overdue charges or fines :
- For Students a fine of Rs. 1 per day will be charged of delay.
- For Teaching Staff members a fine of Rs. 2 per day will be charged of delay.
- For Non-Teaching Staff members a fine of Rs. 2 per day will be charged of delay.
- Book not to be issued :
Reference books (Encyclopaedia, Dictionaries, Yearbooks, Multivolume books, etc.), Newspapers, Journals and Magazines are not to be issued. It can only be used within the library.
- Book lost :
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay the cost of the book with late fine.
- Care of library books :
Marking, underlining, writing, tampering and tearing away the pages of books are punishable with fine or replacement of the book or both.
- Loss of cards :
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian. Duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine.
- Validity of cards :
Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities. At the end of the course borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
- No due certificate :
Each student shall obtain No due certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.