The Department of sociology was introduced in the year 2016 under Nagaland University with a total strength of twenty students. The Department started with two faculty members. The aim of the department is to made students excel in their studies and become a responsible citizen. The department has consistently produced excellent result for the past years. The first batch from the department secured Gold Medal in the University Examination and few were in the top ten position. Every batch managed to get some position in the top ten list and first class students. The department functions efficiently with full enthusiasm.
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
JUNE 2016 under Nagaland University
Learn and Progress
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT
• To let the students pursue research work.
• Encourage to secure University rank.
• Excel in their studies and become a responsible person in the society.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
• To update their knowledge and be well informed of the various issues in the society.
• Aim to promote research work by conducting field trip and educational study tour .
[su_spoiler title=”BA SOCIOLOGY SYLLABUS” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
Mr. Sanihe Ariijii (HoD)
Faculty Profile-Mr.Sanihe Ariijii (Click Here)
Dr. Velhou Koza
Faculty Profile-Dr. Velhou Koza (Click Here)
M.A, NET, B.Ed
Faculty Profile-Mrs. Viphreseno Yhokha (Click Here)
Ms. Razoukhrienuo Seletsu
BOOKS & PUBLICATION
- Koza, Velhou & Sekhamo, Tsutshowe-ü (2021)The Study of Customs and Traditions in Khezhakeno Village: Some Reflections on Changes and Continuity. NORTHEAST INDIA – Readings in Cultural Life’. (Ed. Lanukumla Ao) pp.199-213. New Delhi, Research India Press. ISBN: 978-93-5171-034-9
[su_spoiler title=”2021-22″ open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
19-03-2022 Field Trip and Workshop
19-03-2022 Cleanliness drive and Awareness campaign on Waste management and Sanitization
19-02-2022 Invited Talk
19-02-2022 Career Counselling Program
16-10-2021 Invited Talk
18-09-2021 Invited Talk
Namzaiwiliu 4th rank CGPA: 6.74 (2021)