Established in 2015, the Department of Political Science is one the largest department in the college, with a combined strength of 202 students. We are committed to the values of equity, diversity and inclusiveness.
We design our teaching based on a comprehensive understanding of both theory and practice to ensure the students proficiency and efficacy in using the knowledge imparted and acquired.
Our B. A. (Hons) programme, as per Nagaland University, enables the students to possess erudition over areas like Political Thought, Indian Politics and Government, International Relations, Public Administration, Indian Administration, Local Self-Government and so on.We also organizes activities and programmes to supplement our students’ academic learning.
The department is led by 5 faculty members who are academically resolute and committed for the growth and development of the students.
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT
JUNE 2015 under Nagaland University
To lead and be led
VISION AND MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT
• Seeks to provide students a learning experience that will equip them to face the challenges of an increasingly complex job market.
• To provide broad based political education that is grounded in the field’s theoretical traditions, preparing them to become active and engaged at the local, national and international level.
• Critical thinking tools including reasoned argument, organization and communication of information to deal with the complexities of life.
• To critically assess contemporary events and identify practical solutions to social problems.
• A two way traffic – motivate the students preparing them for competitive exams and to educate the self.
[su_spoiler title=”BA POLITICAL SCIENCE SYLLABUS” open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
B.A. Political Science
Dr. Tovika Swu (HoD)
M.A, NET, M.Phil, Ph.D
Faculty Profile-Dr.Tovika Swu(Click Here)
Faculty Profile-Mrs. Kezienuo(Click Here)
Mr. N Zupenthung Shitiri
Faculty Profile-Mr. Zupenthung Shitiri(Click Here)
Ms. Nutsolu Swuro
Faculty Profile-Ms. Nutsolu Swuro(Click Here)
Mr. Medochiilie Ciesotsu
Faculty Profile-Mr. Medochiilie Ciesotsu(Click Here)
Mr. Imtiwapang T Longkumer
Mrs. Kiili Rose Fithu
Mr. Lhikhwetso Kapfo
[su_spoiler title=”2021-22″ open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
19-03-2022 Workshop Cum Cleanliness Drive
19-03-2022 Cleanliness Drive
19-02-2022 Invited Talk
28-09-2021 Invited Talk
[su_spoiler title=”2020-21″ open=”no” style=”default” icon=”plus” anchor=”” anchor_in_url=”no” class=””]
03-12-2020 Invited Talk
26-09-2020 Online Activity- The Vantage Point
28-08-2020 Invited Talk