Dr. Tovika Swu
ANTI RAGGING MEASURES in the College:
In Accordance with the directives of the Honorable Supreme Court of India and in accordance with the UGC Regulations, on curbing the Menace of Ragging in Higher Educational Institutions, 2009, the College has constituted the Anti-Ragging Committee and Anti-Ragging Squads for overseeing the strict and meticulous implementation of all the directives. The members of the anti-ragging committee and anti-ragging squads along with their mobile numbers are being displayed for the benefit of the students specially the newly admitted students.
DEFINITION OF RAGGING at Don Bosco College Kohima:
“Any conduct by any student or students, whether by word spoken or written or by an act, which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student. Exploiting the students from completing academic tasks and financial extortion. Any act of physical abuse, including all its variants – sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, and stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health of a person. Any act that prevents disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of other students”.
The College educates the students enrolled in various programs at the beginning of each academic year about the Anti-Ragging Policy and zero tolerance for ragging in the college.
Each student, as well as his/her parents/ guardian, are mandatorily required to submit separate undertakings in the form of an affidavit at the time of admission to the effect that they are aware of the prohibition of ragging and the punishment prescribed both under penal laws as well as under these regulations. Surprise checks of canteens, playground and classrooms stop are carried out regularly. FIR will be lodged in a police station on all reported ragging cases.
Daily briefing of fresher’s is carried out by counselors and coordinators.
An anti-ragging committee comprising of the Principal, Staff, non teaching staff, Parents and students forum representatives is also formed. In case any student encounters ragging by any of the senior students, he/she is immediately required to contact the members of the anti-ragging committee, who will take an immediate corrective action and necessary proceedings will be initiated against the culprits engaged in ragging activities.
Vision and mission
- Ragging in all its forms to be banned in the entire institution whether located within the campus or outside and in all means of transportation of students whether public or private.
- To make Don Bosco Campus Anti- Ragging free zone.
- DBCK Anti Ragging follows a well framed rules and regulation along with the code of conduct for students given by Kohima Village Students Union ‘Any type of misbehaviour in the form of threatening the teachers, gang/groups fights, practising /initiating cult activities shall be strictly dealt with’.
- With no history and experience of ragging in the college campus, students graduates can represent exemplary positive trait even outside the institution
ANTI RAGGING COMMITTEE 2021-22
|Fr. Dr. P Suresh Innocent
|Dr. Tovika Swu
|Asst Professor, Political Science
|Fr. Christu Das
|Director, Bosco Computer Centre
|Mrs. Azenuo Pienyii
|Mrs. Neizovonuo Valentina
|Mrs. Jarani Mao
|Assistant Professor &
|Mr. Keneisevor Chuzho
|Non- Teaching staff
|Office Asst. DBCK
Help line number in college
- Dr.Tovika Swu
Asst. Professor Political Science
Phone number- 9899781797
- Mrs. Zavelu Kezo
Asst. Professor Environmental Science
Phone number- 8731911527
UGC Anti- Ragging helpline
- Phone number —1800-180-5522
- E-mail — email@example.com