The Don Bosco College Kohima Library came into existence along with the establishment of College on 1st July, 2015. The Library is an automated library using Integrated Library Management System (ILMS) software called eBLIS.
It has a collection of 7,445 books and subscribed to 15 peer-review journals. Yearly new books are added in the library. It has separate general reference section providing the documents i.e., General Encyclopaedias, Dictionaries, Atlases, General Knowledge Books, Handbooks, National and State Newspapers, Monthly and Weekly Magazines, Employment News, etc. It is also Keeping CDs, DVDs, Thesis and some rare documents. The books are arranged according to DDC classification number.
Library Services and Facilities:
- 1. The Library has a reading room with 40 users seating capacity (It’s going to expand).
- It has separate general reference section, subject reference section, North-East books section and reprographic section.
- The Library follows open access system by which a reader can select his/her desired book(s) directly from the stack.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) is available for checking the availability of a book.
- There are eight computers in the library to accessing OPAC, E-resources and other educational related assignments.
|Monday to Friday||8:30 A.M. to 3:30 P.M.|
|Saturday||8:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.|
|2nd Saturday||Library Closed|
|All General Holiday|